Learn Japanese in the fastest, easiest and most fun way.
- Over 2950 Audio and Video Lessons.
- Knowledgeable and Energetic Hosts.
- Kanji, Vocabulary and JLPT Learning Tools
- Detailed PDF Lesson Notes
- Lively Community Forum and Lesson Discussion
- Learn on-the-go! Study anywhere!
Why Study with JapanesePod101?
Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101! No more dry, out of date textbook story lines! Here at JapanesePod101, you’ll learn Japanese with fun, interesting and culturally relevant lessons that are easy to listen to. But not only are they fun – they’re effective too! Join the hundreds of thousands of people already learning Japanese through the power of our mobile apps, desktop software and website with free Japanese lessons released every week!
“These podcasts offer a painless and FREE way to bone up on the language and culture in a relevant, real world way that you won’t get in a class room or on a CDROM.” Brian Heater, PC Magazine
750,000,000 lessons delivered and counting – join JapanesePod101.com today!
- What Do I Get For Free? Learn Japanese for free, for life. Free new lessons every week.
- Taking a Lesson? Jump straight in to our fun and effective lesson library.
- Sign In, My Account? Tailor your japanesepod101 experience to suit your needs.
- Search? Find what you’re looking for and more!
- Community? It Takes a Village … to Learn Japanese!
- Complete Lesson Archive Access. Access to every single audio & video lesson we’ve ever created.
- PDF Lesson Notes. Printable PDF Lesson Notes with every lesson.
- Japanese Core Words and Phrases. Core word lists detail the most frequently used words and phrases in the Japanese language.
- Japanese Resources. Get extra language support through these charts, handouts and articles.
So. Do you want to Learn Japanese?
1. JapanesePod101 is not really free, is it?
Although there are paid plans, yes, it is free. Every single lesson that we have ever created has been free for a certain period of time. And every new audio and video lesson (we publish 3-5 lessons a week) is completely free to access for 3 weeks before going into our lesson library.
2. Do I need a credit card to sign up?
No. All you need is a valid email address to join. The only times you’d require a credit card (or another payment method such as PayPal) is if you want to upgrade to a Basic, Premium or Premium PLUS subscription, or if you’d like to take advantage of the $1 offer.
3. Can I still learn after my 7-day trial ends?
Yes, you can still learn with us! There are a ton of ways to learn for free at JapanesePod101. When you sign up, you’re given a free 7-day trial to experience Premium access to JapanesePod101. When your trial ends, your access to our Premium subscription features ends but you stay on as a “Free” member, or what we call a “Free Lifetime Account” and have access to all of our free learning tools.
4. What’s a Free Lifetime Account?
A Free Lifetime Account is – simply put – a free membership at JapanesePod101.
5. How can I learn for free for life? What do I get?
Take a look at all of the tools you can take advantage of. Here’s how you learn JapanesePod101 every day without paying a cent at JapanesePod101. You have access to all of these features for life:
- New audio and video lessons every week – 3-5 new, free lessons a week, and,
- The first 3 lessons of every single series – 100+ lessons in total, and,
- New Daily Dose of Japanese lessons – a new free lesson every day, and,
- Japanese Word of the Day lessons – a new free lesson every day, and,
- Throwback Thursday lessons – a free random lesson every Thursday, and,
- The Innovative Language 101 App for the Android, iPhone and iPad, and,
- The 100 Most Common Words List to get a head-start on learning vocabulary, and,
- Vocabulary and phrase lists for topics, themes and holidays, and,
- Bonus resources and mobile apps in the Japanese resources section, and much more.
6. Is JapanesePod101 a scam?
No. If you’re unsure about getting a paid subscription, just take advantage of all of the ways you can learn with us for free above. No credit card is required to sign up. And if you’ve upgraded and want a refund, remember, your investment is protected by a 60-day money-back guarantee. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund. No questions asked!
7. How can I unsubscribe from the emails?
If you’re not interested in taking advantage of promotions, lessons and new features, you can always unsubscribe. There’s an unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email.
8. What is the $1 JapanesePod101 offer?
You will only see this once. The $1 offer allows you to experience our most popular $25/month Premium plan for $1. After your first month, your subscription turns into a regular $25/month subscription, as mentioned in the offer. If you’d prefer to skip the $1 and experience JapanesePod101 with a free 7-day trial and your Free Lifetime Account, simply click on “No Thanks” at the bottom of the page. Here’s what’s offered:
1 month of Premium access to our learning system (worth $25/month)
1 free product download from our store (worth $9.99+)
Bonus package of 50+ exclusive lessons and worksheets (worth $35.00)
7-Day Fluency Fast Course (not available anywhere else on the site)
9. I signed up for the $1 offer. Will you charge me more next month?
The $1 offer allows you to experience the Premium (worth $25/month) for 1 month for just $1. After that, the price goes back up to the regular $25/month. As mentioned in the $1 offer, if you enjoy the plan and do nothing, you’ll pay $25/month for the next month. Otherwise, simply cancel auto-renewal to avoid future charges.
10. How do I get a refund?
Simply email us at email@example.com and our dedicated customer service team will get back to you within 1 business day. It might take longer if you’re emailing on a weekend. Remember, your purchase comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee – no hassles, no questions asked.
11. How do I get an account?
You can sign up for a free account at www.japanesepod101.com! You will have a free, lifetime account and a 7 Day Free Trial of Premium access. We’ll send a confirmation email containing your username and password to the address you signed up with.
12. Will my account be charged?
13. How are subscriptions billed: Monthly or In Full?
All subscriptions are paid in full; the only monthly subscriptions are the 1 Month options: $25 for Premium, $8 for Basic and $47 for Premium PLUS where available.
14. How do I change my password?
Once signed in, click on the Account button in the top right corner. You can also click on My Account in the Quicklinks menu on your Dashboard. There, you will be able to update your password.
So. Do you want to Learn Japanese?
How can JapanesePod101 make it even easier to learn Japanese through PDF?
Let’s now take a closer look at how studying Japanese lessons in PDF format can help you reach your dream in up to half the time of normal video or audio lessons!
All Japanese Lessons in PDF Format Include In-Depth Instructor Notes
JapanesePod101 has 1,000’s of HD Video and Audio lessons and every one includes a PDF version with a line-by-line transcript so you can read along with the lesson as it appears online. In addition to the line-by-line transcript, all lessons include in-depth instructor notes with more information, sample sentences, explanations, and translations. The additional information and notes help you learn Japanese faster and with greater mastery than using the video or audio lessons alone. And when paired with Japanese video games, video or audio lessons or other study aids, our PDF lessons help you reach your dream of learning a new language faster and easier than any traditional classroom setting.
All Lessons and Tools in PDF Format Available for Printing or Use Via Mobile App
All of the additional information, tools, and samples available on our Japanese lessons in PDF format are also accessible via our Mobile App.This way, the lessons and supplemental content can either be printed or viewed on any mobile device for ultimate convenience.
Download the World’s Largest Online Collection of Japanese Lessons by Real Instructors
Planning on going on vacation and don’t know if you’ll have reliable Internet service? Well if you’re learning Japanese through English PDF lessons, it’s not a problem! Once you download Japanese lessons in PDF format to your smartphone, PC or favorite media device, they are yours to use and keep forever. Once downloaded, you can either print out or access your Japanese lessons in PDF format regardless of Internet access.
When you consistently learn Japanese through English PDF lessons, the time savings and benefits quickly compound. From quicker access to faster learning, Japanese PDF lessons can potentially reduce study time by up to 50% compared with conventional classroom instruction. And even when compared to studying the same lessons in an online format, the benefits of learning Japanese in PDF format still add up to significant time savings. JapanesePod101 PDF lessons include instructor notes and supplemental resources that help you learn even faster and with less effort.